none
How can I take the most advantage of Visual Studio 2013? Thanks! :D

General discussion

• Hello Everyone! My name is Zachary and I am 14 years of age! My dream is to be a really good developer and make applications and possibly even a game and I love doing coding which is why I'm very grateful for Visual Studio! I can't get Visual Studio 2017 yet because I'm using an old computer but I will get a new Computer soon. I wanted to know what things I can do to get the most out of the features in Visual Studio 2013 Express! I see so many things and I don't know what 90% of them do and I could be missing out. I use this software every day and I really want to make the most out of my time using it. I hope to do coding for a living and be able to support my family so any advice is appreciated! Thank you so much!

Zachary~

Sunday, April 02, 2017 1:20 AM

All replies

• VS 2013 is a very big package and you create almost any applications on it using Visual Basic, C#, C++, F# and C.  You can also create websites using ASP.NET or create web applications that can interact with SQL or MySQL databases (or any other databases files with appropriate connectors) using VB or C# languages.

Have you got anything in mind you would like to do?  If not I suggest start with C# language and perhaps Web Applications so that you can be productive from day one.  There are many tutorials for Web applications online on Microsoft websit but for C# you could get hold of a good book like "Step by Step" series.  See the link below:

Microsoft Visual C# 2013 Step by Step

Sunday, April 02, 2017 8:24 PM
  • Wow Thank you very much for the advice! I plan to make games and I am almost half way through the "Visual Basic" Language and I plan to learn C# Next after Visual Basic! Can I make better games with Visual Basic or C#? Thanks~
    Sunday, April 02, 2017 9:29 PM