WPF Fullscreen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a fullscreen effect in a WPF app similiar to Silverlight's plugin.content.fullscreen method. I haven't come across a similar method for WPF so I'm using a grid control that expands a central cell to take up the whole window, but of course this still leaves the title bar and Windows Task bar visible.

Has anyone got a better suggestion?

Thanks

John
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:19 PM

Answers

• Set window state to none and make it maximised

Or add

<Window ............... WindowStyle="None" WindowState="Maximized" >

Imran Shaik
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:42 PM

All replies

• Set window state to none and make it maximised

Or add

<Window ............... WindowStyle="None" WindowState="Maximized" >

Imran Shaik
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:42 PM
  • Perfect. Thanks Imran.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:18 PM
  • Hello, where should I add it? I can't find in App.xaml or Screen_1.xaml....
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:15 PM
  • Based on your names above, you are creating a SketchFlow app. SketchFlow apps in WPF don't have a direct Window class that you can access.
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:10 PM
  • These will probably do what you want in a WPF SketchFlow app:

Application.Current.MainWindow.WindowState = WindowState.Maximized;
    Application.Current.MainWindow.WindowStyle = WindowStyle.None;

Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:24 PM
  • Hi Chuck, Thanks for your help and it works! But is it possible to get rid of the workflow panel and turn the background to black? Because I am going to present the project on a device-size screen.

Thank you!

Friday, April 20, 2012 4:07 PM
  • It sounds like you don't want to be creating a SketchFlow application at all? 

Those things are theoretically possible, but not supported at all.

Friday, April 20, 2012 4:13 PM
  • You can also go to the Project menu and pick SketchFlow Project Settings to hide some of the UI, that would accomplish some of what you want.
    Friday, April 20, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Yes maybe... I don't really have more than one screen, I am using one screen with some component screens. Because I complete new to this program, I don't know which way to start is the best fit, and to my understanding, I can't switch from one type to another in the middle way...... 

For the full screen, it works, and I tried to write a method to exit full screen mode with a key pressed (CallMethodAction) but nothing happens, Am I doing anything wrong in it? Thanks! below is my code:

public void exitFullScreen(object sender, System.Windows.Input.KeyEventArgs e)
    {
    Application.Current.MainWindow.WindowState = WindowState.Normal;
                            Application.Current.MainWindow.WindowStyle = WindowStyle.ToolWindow;

}

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:20 PM