PRINTING FROM TERMINAL SERVICES RRS feed

• Question

• I have implemented a Windows Server 2008 running Terminal Services.  I have successfully set up 5 clients to log on to the terminal server.  Everything on those clients seems to work fine.

I just set up a new computer at the same remote location as the other clients.  The new client is able to do everything except print locally.  The new client is running Vista Business (sp1 I think).  The local printer is an HP Laser Jet M1120MFP printer.  When logged on to a TS session, the M1120 shows up as a redirected printer as I would expect.  When I try to print to it while in the TS session, however, it does not print.  Printing a a Notepad document gives me the error "the parameter is incorrect."  Trying to print a test page from the printer properties page does not work either.

I'm pretty sure that Vista sp1 already includes RDP 6.1, and I also installed .NET 3.5 framework.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Where is the relation to SSRS? That's more a Windows system / printing problem.

Have you installed the actual driver for the printer on the Terminal Server?

Olaf Helper ----------- * cogito ergo sum * errare humanum est * quote erat demonstrandum * Wenn ich denke, ist das ein Fehler und das beweise ich täglich http://olafhelper.over-blog.de
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 6:58 AM