none
CCF 2009 SP1 QFE - ConfigurationValueReader throwing NullReferenceException RRS feed

• Question

• This morning my AgentDesktop stopped working.  It is throwing a NullReferenceException when trying to get the MaxSessionCount.

The statement iMaxSessionCount = CcfServices.MaxNumberOfSessionsPermitted;  fails because the CcfServices.CcfConfigurationReader.Settings collection is null.  I can get the proper value by using the CcfServices.CcfConfigurationReader.ReadAppSettings("maxNumberOfSessions") but the application crashes later with a NullReferenceException checking the CCF Version. Here is the stack trace:

02/27/2013 09:15:38.58: a028438: Microsoft Customer Care Framework 2009 - AgentDesktop - Debug: DESKTOP_ERR_FATAL_ERROR:A possibly fatal error has occurred.  The application may now exit.
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.Ccf.Common.ConfigurationValueReader.ReadSettings(String key)
       at Microsoft.Ccf.Desktop.UI.Core.CcfDesktopLoader.IsVersionsMatchedAsync()
       at Microsoft.Ccf.Desktop.UI.Core.CcfDesktopLoader.DoLoginStep(LoginSteps loginSteps)
       at Microsoft.Ccf.Desktop.UI.Core.CcfDesktopLoader.LoadDesktop()
       at Microsoft.Ccf.Desktop.UI.Core.CcfDesktopBase.StartDesktopLoad()
       at Microsoft.Ccf.Desktop.UI.Winforms.CcfWinformsDesktop.RootDesktopForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I am not sure what I changed where, but I cannot get it to run.  I can't find where the Settings collection in the

CcfConfigurationReader is being created and initialized. 

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:20 PM