none
Is there a PDF or a V2-only searchable documentation? RRS feed

• Question

• I currently use this page to refer to documentation.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn799271.aspx

To search, I use the search bar at the top right. I select library, so that only the official documentation shows up, but that still has results from Kinect V1 and other products that I dont really want results from. Is there any way to do one of these:

1. Get PDF documentation for the V2?

2. Search only the V2 documentation with keyword(s).

Thanks,

Madhura

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Madhura,

I don't think there is an official pdf document. I use the Kinect for Windows v2 Windows Runtime API Reference, so basically the same as you. Can you describe what kind of information you want to get?

Also:

• The samples provided by the SDK Browser are pretty good.
    • There are lot of information in this forum.
    • Did you watch these videos?

Best regards,

Alex

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:19 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks! I hadn't seen the videos, but I will now. I was looking for say, resolutions, just to see all the different resolutions that the camera SDK provides. There used to be this enum that existed in the old SDK.

_NUI_IMAGE_RESOLUTION

If I search for resolution, it just gives me results from all the Microsoft products, that I do not want to see.

Thanks,

Madhura

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:36 PM
  • Hey Madhura,

for that kind of information you can use the API Reference. Have a look at the Structures paragraph. There you will find all the Point-Structs, e.g. ColorSpacePoint with resolutions in the Remarks section.

Best regards,

Alex

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:47 PM
  • Hi Alex, 

I wasnt exactly looking for that. I was looking for a list of image resolutions, not the one that you pointed me to.

I got the answer that I needed here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/75fd8154-4b46-4c95-b021-67f8e25abee8/where-is-the-enumeration-of-the-different-color-and-depth-resolutions-in-v2-c-?forum=kinectv2sdk

Thanks,

Madhura

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:05 PM
  • Hey Madhure,

for future research: The resolution is exactly what the link shows. But maybe it wasn't clear enough, that ColorSpacePoints describe 2D points on the color image.

Best regards

Alex

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:37 PM