Vertical lines in the GridView RRS feed

• Question

• May be I am missing something, but I can't get the ListView with GridView to display vertical lines.

-Alex

Saturday, August 19, 2006 1:03 AM

Answers

• LOL, I was trying to do the same thing last night-

It is not supported. Adding a border around each cell kinda works, that is until you resize a col....

Saturday, August 19, 2006 3:01 PM

All replies

• LOL, I was trying to do the same thing last night-

It is not supported. Adding a border around each cell kinda works, that is until you resize a col....

Saturday, August 19, 2006 3:01 PM
  • Hi,

Any samples showing work-arounds to achieve this?  The "look" I want is a simple spreadsheet grid with crisp single line dividers horizontally and vertically.

Thanks

Saturday, January 27, 2007 2:22 AM
  • There are two ways to do this.

The old way is to set the  background color to the table to the color you want your grid lines to be. Set a cellspacing ="1" to the table tag and set a bacground color to all of your TDs. Voila, you will have a grid with a 1 pixel border on all cells!!

You can also accomplish this with css (preferred way):

In the table you need to add a css class, or a style attribute with "border-collapse: collapse;"
    Then you need to add the following style attribute or class to each cell: "border: 1px solid gray"
    you will get the same result. If you only want vertical lines then the style in the cell should be:
    "border:1px solid gray; border-top-width: 0px; border-bottom-width:0px;"

I hope you find this information usefull, good luck!

Anastasios
    Saturday, January 27, 2007 11:51 AM
  • Hi Anastasios,

Thanks for the answer, but this is a Windows Presentation Foundation forum right?  CSS and tables are HTML stuff.  Or am I missing something?

Alex

Saturday, January 27, 2007 11:31 PM
  • (I'm partially answering my own question)

After some more searching in the forum I found this thread:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=254638&SiteID=1

Short answer: No stock gridlines in v1 of WPF (Hmmm... when will v2 be? ).  A partial work-around is to use cell borders.

Alex

Sunday, January 28, 2007 6:57 AM
  • I've found possible implementations of this in these two resources:

• http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/tomershamam/archive/2007/12/16/wpf-listview-vertical-lines-horizontal-as-bonus.aspx
    • http://www.designerwpf.com/2007/12/11/how-do-i-set-up-grid-lines-for-my-listview/
    The first sort of worked, only I had occasions where the content of my gridview would sometimes simply not show.  So you might say it's an unstable solution Smile  I'm working through some more approaches as we speak, I'll let you know how it goes.  Gridviews should have vertical lines, damnit Smile

Monday, January 14, 2008 1:55 PM
  • Anastasiosyal said:

There are two ways to do this.

The old way is to set the  background color to the table to the color you want your grid lines to be. Set a cellspacing ="1" to the table tag and set a bacground color to all of your TDs. Voila, you will have a grid with a 1 pixel border on all cells!!

You can also accomplish this with css (preferred way):

In the table you need to add a css class, or a style attribute with "border-collapse: collapse;"
    Then you need to add the following style attribute or class to each cell: "border: 1px solid gray"
    you will get the same result. If you only want vertical lines then the style in the cell should be:
    "border:1px solid gray; border-top-width: 0px; border-bottom-width:0px;"

I hope you find this information usefull, good luck!

Anastasios

Can you show the xaml example code of the css border collapse please?
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:40 PM