Quick question about the Project Creation Wizard Extension RRS feed

• General discussion

• The VSTemplate documentation for the WizardExtension child element specifies a required Assembly child element in the xml associated with this.  Does that mean it is only available as a facility to true .NET language implementations?  Or can I present one of these wizards using my C++ ATL implementation?

Guidance would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

Friday, January 25, 2013 11:57 PM

All replies

• I'm going to tack on another question that is along the same lines as the first.   I noticed that in the documentation a number of the settings relevant to registering language services are listed as being specific to the Managed Pakage Framework language service classes (things like CodeSense, MatchBraces, ShowInfo, ShowMatchingBrae, etc.).   Does this mean that such facilities are not available to folks who are trying to program their packages using the unmanaged ATL route? 

The reason I ask is that once I bootstrap to a particular level of my language environment, I am trying to interact with the hosting Visual Studio environment directly from it and it would be more straightforward to do so if I could just leave managed code out of the picture entirely.

Once again, any guidance would be appreciated and note that this is in addition to the question I asked in my original post, so if you read this first, please go back and take a look at that as well.

Thanks very much.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

I don't think we can use native dll in the wizard of VS template because we can't register it into GAC.

However we can Wizard File to do it. More information you can refer to: 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/bb165794(v=vs.100).aspx

Regards,

Disley

崖山之後無中國,明亡之後無華夏

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:34 AM
  • Thank you. That was very helpful (although not as helpful as it would have been had you told me I could do it through the template :) ). Now I have to learn yet another mechanism. Ugh! But at least there's a way to do it. Or maybe I make this one exception and use managed code for this. Also, thank you for your reply to my other question.
    Monday, January 28, 2013 7:48 PM