GoDaddy DB issue RRS feed

• Question

• User1240942098 posted

Hi all,

I have followed Scott Guthries Blog and used the DB publishing wizard to create the .SQL sripts for my db. The Club.mdf.sql file is 6.4 MB and GoDaddy only accepts scripts that are smaller than 2.5 MB's. Any suggestions on how to break down the script into smaller chunks?  The ASPNET.MDF.sql script ran fine. Any help is much appreciated. I am an IT guy but a newb to web development. I have the site up an running on my laptop not probelms at all. IT seems like a great piece of software and perfectly suited for our soccer club!

Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:10 PM

All replies

• User-417784260 posted

There use to be a sample webpage (runsql.aspx) on the codeplex website for running the script generated from a webpage.  Anyway I have blog post on which shows the code for the webpage which I have used to create the database from the script.  Hope it helps

http://onteorasoftware.net/post/Uploading-a-Database-to-Dotster.aspx 

Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:37 PM
  • User1240942098 posted
    Maybe I should just scrap the DB and start over. I had originally just run the Clubsite.sql that comes with the program to set it up. Hmmmm .....
    Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:45 PM
  • User-417784260 posted

It will run the script on the godaddy database as long as you set the connection string for the database

Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:09 PM
  • User1240942098 posted

Thanks Ken, I'll give it a go tonight ...

Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:22 PM