none
The System is inaccessible some settings may not be available: Invalid pointer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have configured my Runtime.exe in 3 machine(A,B,C).
    Runtime.exe contains,
    a) Runtime
    b) Admintool
    c) DBmigrate(DB)

so, i have configured like m/c 'A' --> Admintool.msc
          m/c 'B' --> RunTime
          m/c 'C' --> DBMigrate(DB)

Also I have full Admin Privileges on all 3 machines.
    After configuring, 
    In m/c 'A' i have added new remote server(i.e., m/c B) in admintool.
    then i register a new database server. And then I deployed a system in newly register database

After deploying i wanted to configure that system from m/c 'A'.

when i do this i get an below error message in event viewer,

DCOM got error "2147500035" from the computer 'B' when attempting to activate the server:{07DBA4CC-C095-43BD-98C8-B7A971B580B8}

but, Computer 'B' is active and also have full Admin Privileges.

we have used ,

CoCreateInstanceEx( CLSID_RuntimeData, NULL, 0, &si, 1, &mqi ) 

method to create an instance of remote machine, also for COM GUID.
    All GUID, host name is completely returning accurately. but still i am facing an above error.  

can any one please suggest me how to over come this error.

Regards,

Tejas

Friday, January 30, 2015 6:53 AM

Answers

• Hello,

From your provided information, it seems that your environment is complex which we cannot be easy to reproduce, what we can do is to provide some information about this error message:

For error message such as “DCOM got error "%%%1" from the computer %2 when attempting to activate the server %3”, this is because a program on this computer could not access a program on the remote computer, for solving it, you could try steps as described in this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&ProdVer=5.0&EvtID=10006&EvtSrc=DCOM

By the way, this issue should be more related with the deployment of application on client/server, for such issues, I suggest that you could post to client/server related forum as:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserver8gen

The current forum is used to s and ask questions about issues regarding the very core of .NET, including security, performance, hosting, base classes, interop, reliability, debugging, GC, and profiling.discuss and ask questions about issues regarding the very core of .NET, including security, performance, hosting, base classes, interop, reliability, debugging, GC, and profiling.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 2, 2015 2:17 AM