none
Looking for my Python

Question

• In the Community 2015 environment, how can I use Python as an IDE stand alone language? All the options seem to be geared toward developing background processes or libraries of some sort.  The free Python 2.7 from the Python organization is good, but not as good when debugging.  One reason is going back and forth from an independent editor such as Notepad++, which is, at best, inefficient.

Taking a certification in Python, I need to create small programs to test the language features and assignments.  I would love to use the VS IDE and being able to debug as I do when using C#, C++, etc.

I appreciate any help or even the information whether I can do it or not.

Mario

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:04 PM

Answers

• Yes, I did that.  However, it seems that you need to put together a puzzle instead of a step by step procedure. 

I had the tools installed previous to my question and it looks that the interpreter is out of this picture since debugging or even running the code is unavailable even though it seems that it has compiled.

I will try a little harder.  Some times during installation Visual Studio is not 100% set.  The same thing happened with C#.  The console option was not available until I decided to re-installed the whole thing all over again.

Thanks for the time and your care.

Mario

Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:27 PM

All replies

• Have you tried the Python Tools plug-in? Python Tools

Dan Randolph - My Code Samples List

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:49 PM
  • Yes, I did that.  However, it seems that you need to put together a puzzle instead of a step by step procedure. 

I had the tools installed previous to my question and it looks that the interpreter is out of this picture since debugging or even running the code is unavailable even though it seems that it has compiled.

I will try a little harder.  Some times during installation Visual Studio is not 100% set.  The same thing happened with C#.  The console option was not available until I decided to re-installed the whole thing all over again.

Thanks for the time and your care.

Mario

Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:27 PM
  • Hi Mario,

It seems like your problem has been solved via reinstalled the whole thing.

If possible, please mark the reply which helpful as an answer so that I could close this thread.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:06 AM