How to delete the Application patient id? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
      We are trying to achieve PHR integration with our product. And currently we are working in PPE dev environment. I have created a Master- child application in MVC Architecture. Using my child app id, I am able to connect to healthvault and 
    create a new patient.

Now my requirement is to be able to edit the registration details (let's say email id/ Unique id question/ answer) in the record of a patient who had already authorized the access from his HV account in the health vault site and modify them.

Another way of looking at it is deleting the existing details and re-creating the patient registration with the same Application patient iD(i.e unique ID).

Let us assume.
    Applicationpatientid = 1
    Personid = 5848f4ff-97b4-4a38-93fe-64a6062f831d
             Recordid = 07ada782-fc3e-4042-ba00-31c812233903

I am able to revoke the access for the above person id using RemoveApplicationAuthorization() method. When I try to add new patient information with same Application patient id(i.e Application patient id = 1), I am seeing an error stating "The connect request already exists, and cannot be recreated.". But for an un-authorized record I am able to delete the information using DeletePending() method and create another connection with same Application patient id.

When I am trying to fetch the records of the current PHR subscribers, I am seeing the entire list even after revoking the access for some of them. Hence, we are trying to use the same Application patient id.

Could anybody help me out here?

PS: I am able to create a patient with different Applicationpatientid after the access is revoked for above person.

Thanks,
    Yuvaraj N
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Yuvaraj N,

Can you let me know what you are trying to acomplish with deleting the application patient id?  Or why you need to edit the registration details?

Thank you.

-Suzanne

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:34 PM
  • Hello Suzanne,

This thought originates from the primary question of how we can edit a person's PHR registration information and modify them. If a person who subscribed to HV forgets his E-mail Id/ password and he approaches us to reregister with different set of registration details (lets say Email, Question, and Answer).

So what I thought to do here is, deleting the previous request which I made to HV for that particular patient and creating a new one. Any other suggestions/ thoughts also would be welcome.

If I remove the access to the person registered with HV and try to get the authorized patient's list, the list displays even those persons who don't have access to my application.

Thanks,

Yuvaraj N

Yuvaraj N

Thursday, March 1, 2012 5:37 AM
  • Hi Yuvaraj,

If a user forgets their HealthVault login information, they should be referred to HealthVault consumer support at https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=12889&st=1&wfxredirect=1, who will work with the person to restore access to their account.  Also, even though the user may not remeber their login information, you should still be able to communicate with their HealthVault account, assuming that your application is still authorized. 

For getting the list of authorized patients, you should be using the GetAuthorizedPeople method, which is documented in the SDK as well as at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.health.healthvaultplatform.getauthorizedpeople.aspx.

Thank you.

-Suzanne

• Marked as answer by Yuvaraj Yuvi Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:27 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:34 PM
  • Thanks Suzanne.

Thanks and Regards,

Yuvaraj N

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:27 AM