Failure creating File error while establishing oledb connection in ASP.NET application RRS feed

• Question

• User514976284 posted

I am getting "Failure creating File" error while trying to establish OLEDB Connection in ASP.NET Application for excel file (.xlsx). The Connection string is as,

connectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" + fileLocation + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 12.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=2\"";

The fileLocation holds the path of S3 bucket where the excel file is present. File is present in S3 bucket and able to access the file from that path.

The issue is faced in Server, in local even though I have installed 32-bit version I am still getting

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine  error. But in server OLEDB is installed with paid version. So not sure Why the error "Failure Creating File occurs".

Thursday, January 21, 2021 6:32 AM

All replies

• User1535942433 posted

Hi SasikalaSankaran,

What's your operation system? As far as I think,you need to install 'Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable'.

More details,you could refer to below article:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6649363/microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-machine

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

Thursday, January 21, 2021 8:20 AM
  • User-1545767719 posted

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine  error. But in server OLEDB is installed with paid version. So not sure Why the error "Failure Creating File occurs".

There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the ACE provider. It seems that the error message is saying the 32/64-bit is different between the worker process and ACE provider.

Please note that the 32-bit ACE and 64-bit ACE cannot co-exist in a PC.

Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:47 AM