Fingerprint Programming RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a Hp Touchsmart Tm2 laptop with a built-in Validity VFS-301 fingerprint reader.  I would like to know if there is any way to incorporate fingerprint security directly into my VB 2010 program.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:23 PM

All replies

• I don't know if this will work with your fingerprint reader, but just messing around I used this (At least I think I used this, it was a while ago) to incorporate the Microsoft finger print reader into a hobby application:

http://www.devx.com/security/Article/31576/1954

Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:58 PM
  • Hello Spartan117-11,

Thanks for your post.

(1)Please check Riqual's reply from this link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/vbgeneral/thread/F3E684CA-38D0-469D-B4E9-E5A27CBF64F1. Hope it helpful.

You need the hardware and the according driver so that you can read the data from hardware. Read this article for your reference. The article shows how to create a Family Fingerprint Manager using .NET 2.0 that interfaces with the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader and the GrFinger SDK from Griaule.

(2)There's an SDK written by Griaule specifically for Microsoft's fingerprint reader which supports both Java and .NET as well as traditional COM. I am not sure if this is helpful to you.

If you have any comments, please feel free to follow up.

Best regards,
    Liliane
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us. Thanks
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:17 AM
  • I have looked at some things online, but I can't figure out anything.  I have the validity fingerprint drivers(.dll) installed on my computer.  Digital Persona Personal can use the fingerprint device, but I don't know what dlls or functions I need to call.  Does anyone know what I need to do?  Any help would be appreciated.
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:17 PM
  • Hello Spartan117-11,

I suggest you could contact the suppliers of validity fingerprint drivers or go to their website for more better and quicker support.

Best regards,
    Liliane
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us. Thanks
    Friday, August 27, 2010 2:48 AM