none
Visual Studio Test Professional 2013

Question

• I have an instance of Visual Studio Test Professional 2013 installed on my company Windows 8.1 desktop. I am looking to do some Selenium automation using C# drivers and having trouble working with Visual Studio Test Professional 2013.

From what I have been able to discern to this point is that Visual Studio Test Professional 2013 does not support installation and use of the standard C# project templates.

Can anyone verify for me if this is correct? I am at this point thinking that I need to get an MSDN subscription for Visual Studio Professional 2013 to be able to do Selenium automation using the Selenium WebDriver C# drivers within Visual Studio.

Thanks

jdbeyler

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi jdbeyler,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, the Visual Studio Test Professional edition not support selenium testing. Please have a look at Compare Visual Studio 2015 Offerings, and we can know that the VS test professional not support the Unit Testing from the following screenshot:

Refer to your description, I found Get started with Selenium testing in a continuous integration pipeline and it describes there is no template for Selenium testing, the easiest way to get started is to use the Unit Test template. This automatically adds the test framework references and enables you to run and view the results from Visual Studio Test Explorer. Since the Unit Testing not supported in VS Test professional and you can think about install other VS versions like VS community(free), VS professional or VS enterprise per your development requirement. And the VS 2015 can download from here, after that, followed the above document to perform the selenium testing.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 5, 2016 5:21 AM