Windows embedded 7 Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys! my name is Daniel.

I've started building a windows embedded image, the destination computer is a simple industrial computer for automating machines.

I want to add to the industrial automation the following features:

1)      1)  HW configuration: Developing PC connected to target machine (PC) via LAN. Downloading project from the developing PC Software gateway to target machine PC gateway (as for my understanding using TCP/IP or UDP protocols)

2)      2)  HW configuration: target machine (PC) connected to the internet via LAN. Remote access on target machine PC using external program (Team viewer for example). The ability to install the remote access SW is needed.

How can i do that on the Image Configuration Editor, what features\drivers i need to add?

Thank You!

Daniel

Sunday, November 4, 2012 8:48 PM

All replies

• If you are building the OS, ICE is used to create the custom installation disk, which is completed on the development machine. The custom installation disk is then used to install the OS on the target. If you want to do a remote install, Windows Server is needed to be setup with deployment services.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Sunday, November 4, 2012 11:27 PM
  • I want to install it with a bootable USB, I manaaged to do that.

I'm just asking how can i add to the configuration set the features i wrote above.

• Edited by daniel121 Monday, November 5, 2012 7:33 PM
    Monday, November 5, 2012 7:33 PM