none
Windows IoT Core Native support for GPS sensors RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on a UWP app using Raspberry PI 3b and a u-blox GPS sensor.

On my windows 10 development machine - the u-blox sensor is recognized and is automatically used by the UWP Location API.

On Raspberry PI IoT Core- I have to drop down to Serial port connection to pull data from the sensor directly - which is a major pain in the proverbial, resulting in a lot of fragile (working with serial ports is never fun) overhead code.

Would be great if windows IoT core could add native support for GPS sensors.

Monday, November 26, 2018 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hello NickGoloborodko,

At the moment, Windows IoT Core probably does not support a GPS module which you want to communicate with it over USB. I think you can contact the vendor of the u-blox GPS sensor to ask for the driver, which can provide the NMEA string data to the location framework service on Windows IoT Core. And then in turn your app could call using Windows.Devices.Geolocation.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 26, 2018 8:25 AM