none
Using Infopath 2010 against PSI .ASMX web services? RRS feed

• Question

• If I point Infopath 2010 to the ASMX PSI web service interface:

1.  Infopath File->New
    2.  Choose template: Web Service
    3.  URL for web service:  https://myserver/mysite/_vti_bin/PSI/resource.asmx?wsdl
    4.  Data connection wizard in infopath brings back a list of all the members (GetResourceUIDs(), ReadResources(), etc.
    5.  Pick any operation (e.g., ReadResources() )
    6.  Error:  "The data contained a dataset DiffGram whose associated Schema in the WSDL is not supported"

This error happens against all operations, against all PSI web services. 

Is using Infopath against these web services even possible?  If not, why not?

Update:  I can get GetProjectNameFromProjectUID(), from the the project.asmx web service, to work fine from Infopath. 

Monday, October 4, 2010 3:13 PM

All replies

• try to wrap the PSI webservice with .Net Webservice it works with me Best Regards, Mohamed
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 7:16 AM
  • I have the same problem but I point to another web service: _vti_bin/psi/lookuptable.asmx?WSDL

Every operation I choose: I always get the same error as you mentionned.

@Mohamed: what do you mean with wrap the PSI webservice with .Net webservice ?

I'm using Infopath 2010 to get values from my lookupfields to show in my edit forms for SHarepoint Lists.

Thanks for help

Thursday, December 23, 2010 1:32 PM
  • @Purple: I created Webservice Project from Visual Studio and consumed PSI webservices - Just a wrapper - then i used .Net Webservices with Infopath and i got all values without any errors

Best Regards,

Mohamed Abdel Ghaffar

Regards, Mohamed
    Monday, January 24, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Is this the good article for the solution with Infopath issues. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff843379.aspx Does it have an impact if I create a .svc extension instead of .asmx? Thanks for your help Hendrik
    Monday, January 24, 2011 5:38 PM