none
Tool ->Option->Environment->Font RRS feed

• Question

• I know that there are many options within Window->Font, but i am reticent to start changing things.

The only setting I want to change is:  When I am in Edit Table, and have the SQL in the top portion of the window, the font size is tiny.

What setting do I change?

Marion in Rochester
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:31 PM

Answers

• In my copy of SQL Server Management Studio for SQL Server 2008 R2, it is a bit different than Chiraq gives for 2005 and 2008.

In the 2008 R2 Object Explorer, if you right-click a table and select Edit Top 200 Rows, that launches the Query Designer. To set the font and font size for the query designer, select the Data Viewer entry in the "Show settings for" drop down from the Tools\Options\Environment\Fonts and Color dialog. That setting also applies to the Query Designer when I launch it from things like right-click a view and select either Design or Edit Top 200 Rows.

If you right-click a table and select Design, the font for that designer is controlled by the Tables and Database Designers item in the Tools\Options\Environment\Fonts and Color drop down list.

Alan Brewer [MSFT] SQL Server Documentation Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by mtpaper Friday, January 21, 2011 4:06 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:29 PM

All replies

• Assuming you are using SSMS 2005/2008 for SQL Server

Under Tools-->Options-->Enviornment -->Fonts and Color 

You will see a DropDown saying Show Settings For

You need to select Text Editor and change font size there...

Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:43 PM
  • In my copy of SQL Server Management Studio for SQL Server 2008 R2, it is a bit different than Chiraq gives for 2005 and 2008.

In the 2008 R2 Object Explorer, if you right-click a table and select Edit Top 200 Rows, that launches the Query Designer. To set the font and font size for the query designer, select the Data Viewer entry in the "Show settings for" drop down from the Tools\Options\Environment\Fonts and Color dialog. That setting also applies to the Query Designer when I launch it from things like right-click a view and select either Design or Edit Top 200 Rows.

If you right-click a table and select Design, the font for that designer is controlled by the Tables and Database Designers item in the Tools\Options\Environment\Fonts and Color drop down list.

Alan Brewer [MSFT] SQL Server Documentation Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by mtpaper Friday, January 21, 2011 4:06 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:29 PM
  • (sorry I find this board a bit clumsy - didn't mean to repeat your whole message)

@ALAN - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! No wonder I've been going nuts.  It was set to Tahoma 8, which is WAYYY too small for my old eyes!

Do you know how I can alter the same thing in ReportBuilder ->Expression Builder????

Marion in Rochester
    Friday, January 21, 2011 4:08 AM