SharePoint - Create a list item workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I would like help on the below issue i am having with the "create a list item" workflow on another list.

I have one list that works fine and the workflow does create the information I need to the other list in question however, when an edit is made on the 1st list the workflow creates ANOTHER entry with the updated information to the 2nd list.

The way i would like it to go is to have an item be placed on list 1, list 1 then creates an entry on list 2. When List 1 entry is edited then I would like list 2 (same entry) to be updated. I want everything on one line in list two. Hope this makes sense.

I have tried using the "update item" command but of course SPD goes to the very beginning of the workflow and gives me a second entry.

can someone please assist me with this issue?

List 1 --> List 2

Edit on List 1 --> Update same entry line on List 2

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi

check this doc

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/create-a-secondary-workflow-HA010237656.aspx

let me know if help, if necesarry i will create a real example for you

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:41 PM