none
SharePoint Online Designer Workflow CC everyone (magically)

Question

• Hello,

I created a designer workflow using 2010 workflow for SharePoint online. This workflow is sending emails to the creator of the list item (Created By). Note that there was no CC defined in the workflow. Just a plain email going to the creator of the item. The workflow was working fine and all of sudden it copied (CC) to everyone for one of the workflow items. Any idea why this could happen?

Since I am the owner of the site and have checked the workflow version history I am 100% sure that no one else has modified the workflow definition.

Thanks!

• Edited by VincentWilliams Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:42 PM spelling mistake
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Vincent,

There must be someone modified the code. Please open the workflow using designer and remove cc field configuration

http://kalmstrom.com/Tips/SharePoint-Online-Course/HelpDesk-Notify-Boss.htm

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:33 PM
  • Hi Lakshmanan, 

There was never any group or email address enter in the cc it completely blank

Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:55 PM
  • Hi Vincent,

Can you publish the workflow steps here?

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:52 PM
  • Hi VinventWilliams,

Please also check if there are any rules in Outlook to automatically send the message to these users.

Re-publish the workflow, and compare the results.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 28, 2017 1:06 PM
  • On behalf of VicentWilliams.

Friday, April 28, 2017 6:52 PM