View Exchange 2007 Mail In WSS 3 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a shiny new WSS which hosts some clever web parts for talking to an information system we use. I would like to view the email using a single sign on. Both boxes use somain logins. How can I acheve this, I;m sure it should be simple!

Thanks

Jason
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:06 PM

Answers

• Since this is WSS, it will depend on the 'clever' web parts that you are using.  They are not OOB as these would come with MOSS.  You would need to ask the creater of the web parts how this would be done... if at all possible.
    Shannon Bray - MCT, MCPD, MCTS, MCITP
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:34 PM
  •  You said your wss hosts some CLEVER web parts, so I guess there should be a web part to fetch information from your Exchange.
    WSS does not come with SSO capabilities, so you might have to customize your web part to understand who has logged in and map his/her identity to mailbox account.

Can't really comment if it would be simple!! Sometimes simplest of things take lot of effort to complete.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:32 PM

All replies

• Since this is WSS, it will depend on the 'clever' web parts that you are using.  They are not OOB as these would come with MOSS.  You would need to ask the creater of the web parts how this would be done... if at all possible.
    Shannon Bray - MCT, MCPD, MCTS, MCITP
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:34 PM
  • In addition single sign on is also a function that is only in MOSS ...
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:58 AM spelling
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:58 AM
  •  You said your wss hosts some CLEVER web parts, so I guess there should be a web part to fetch information from your Exchange.
    WSS does not come with SSO capabilities, so you might have to customize your web part to understand who has logged in and map his/her identity to mailbox account.

Can't really comment if it would be simple!! Sometimes simplest of things take lot of effort to complete.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:32 PM