none
Creating Access 2007 Database Question RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure where to post this question.  I remember finding a forum just for Microsoft Access 2007 questions, but I couldn't find it again...  Indifferent

Anyway, I have created a database, and have been testing it with my application.  I have some data in this database.  I was wondering if there was a way in Microsoft Access 2007 to create an empty copy of the database for release.  In other words, I would like to create a copy of the database with all of the tables and columns, but without the data (rows) that I had entered as part of using my testing database...

Does anyone know if I can do this?

If anyone knows where this Access 2007 forum is, or resources that might answer my question, please let me know, as I would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks Again,
    Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:52 PM

Answers

• Not sure if you're looking to do this via code or through Access, but if you're using Access you can create a new database and then import all of the objects (External Data tab...Access). There is an option on the import dialog to import tables with or without the data. 

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:39 PM

All replies

• Not sure if you're looking to do this via code or through Access, but if you're using Access you can create a new database and then import all of the objects (External Data tab...Access). There is an option on the import dialog to import tables with or without the data. 

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:39 PM
  • I'm sorry for the delay in responding, but I wanted to thank you very much for your response.  This did the trick.  I didn't expect a feature like this to be hidden like it is...  I would expect that this would be a common task...

Thanks Again,
    Monday, January 7, 2008 7:33 PM