Compact Framework 3.9 (Compact 2013) : Adding usercontrols to the Toolbox RRS feed

• Question

• How it was done with CF 3.5: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms180789(v=vs.90).aspx

With the desktop Framework, you add attributes to the class properties directly so they can be properly placed in the control's designer property tab. You can add to toolbox by browsing to the built DLL.

Does anyone know how to do with Compact Framework 3.9 (Compact 2013) custom user controls.

The CF 3.5 process doesn't work. You end up adding attributes directly to the class code which breaks the compiler.

I can't find any references to this. Nothing saying things have changed.

Thx in advance for any help on this.

DJaus Snr SW Dev (Embedded Systems and .NET)

Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:44 AM

Answers

• Looks like that these features did not made it into the new Application Builder for Compact 2013.

From past experiences, our best way of getting this problem addressed is to go through Microsoft Support.

The only short term "workaround" I found is to use the "Tools -> Choose Toolbox Items...." dialog to add custom controls. This seams to work OK for production ready controls.

MVP Windows Embedded

• Proposed as answer by Michael Koster Monday, May 12, 2014 2:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Eitman Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:05 AM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:42 AM

All replies

• Looks like that these features did not made it into the new Application Builder for Compact 2013.

From past experiences, our best way of getting this problem addressed is to go through Microsoft Support.

The only short term "workaround" I found is to use the "Tools -> Choose Toolbox Items...." dialog to add custom controls. This seams to work OK for production ready controls.

MVP Windows Embedded

• Proposed as answer by Michael Koster Monday, May 12, 2014 2:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Eitman Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:05 AM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:42 AM
  • Hi Michael,

What to you mean by production ready controls?

Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:34 AM
  • Has there been any update to this?  Also, what is meant by "production ready controls"?

Friday, July 29, 2016 4:45 PM