none
XBOX KINECT DEVELOPMENT RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

So basically as part of my final year project I'm designing a Kinect application . I'll be hooking the standard kinect up to my laptop and going from there , After starting research I'm finding it a bit hard to nail down anything more than small articles or not very good tutorials on the subject , can anyone recommend any good sources for tutorials , books etc ? 

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:25 AM

All replies

• The IProgrammer website has some good getting started tutorials.

As for books, both David Catuhe's Programming with the Kinect for Windows SDK and Rob Miles' Learn the Kinect API are quite good, IMO.  Rob includes some great information on XNA and Kinect 4 Windows in his book.  You could also read my book Beginning Kinect Programming with the Microsoft Kinect SDK which is C# and WPF based.

If you want to explore non-K4W books, Greg Borenstein's Making Things See is excellent.  I've only skimmed Andrew Davison's Kinect Open Source Programming Secrets in the bookstore but it seems to have some good material, too.  Java-based.

James

James Ashley - Presentation Layer Architect at Razorfish Emerging Experiences
    jamesashley@imaginativeuniversal.com
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com www.emergingexperiences.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:53 PM
  • If you want to develop commerical applications on windows with kinect for xbox you can't as the license do not allow it. But you can use it for debugging purposes (i.e. full sdk and samples must be installed to take advantage of this).

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.co.nr

Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:38 PM