none
Deadlock happened when Cache Expiration RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support,

I always have this error when I check on SSRS Log file. Is there any hotfix for this issue?

Regards,

MY

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 3:41 AM

All replies

• What version you are using?

Can you call FlushReportFromCache  proc?

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:32 AM
  • Hi Uri,

I'm using:

SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services

© 2017 Microsoft

Version 14.0.600.892 (October 2017)

Currently, the workaround is that I set 2 times scheduler to do cash expiration. For e.g. run every 12 hours (2 times per day). Normally the first time will have deadlock for some reports but the second time will not have any error.

When I run FlushReportFromCache per report path, there is no any issue.

I have 3 reports and each report has own dataset. Total 3 datasets. 

Each report have 30 linked report due difference parameter setting. I set cache expiration for 90 reports at the same time.  Is there any issue if we have a lot of linked reports?

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 3:46 PM
  • Hi Martheus,

Thank you for your sharing! I think you could try to set cache expiration time for different time(not in the same time) which might will avoid thread tied up.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 11, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Hi Zoe Zhi,

I've done that beforehand. split into 2 different time slot - 10am and 11am and run again at 10pm and 11pm (as mentioned above run every 12 hours). Due to deadlock issue, both "Snapshot Data" and "ExcecutionCache" (AbsoluteExpiration field = NULL) table are not clear.

For 2nd run, there is no error. This is my temporary workaround. 

I hope there is hotfix for this issue in future. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:58 AM
  • Hi Martheus, 

Thank you for your sharing!There is no hotfix for this problem currently. You could submit it in feedback .

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:04 AM
  • Hi Zoe Zhi,

Thanks for the support. I've submitted the feedback.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 2:34 AM
  • Hi Martheus,

Thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support

Monday, February 18, 2019 6:45 AM