none
Slow Response To Exchange Virtual Directory Cmdlets RRS feed

Answers

• I've waited even longer.  Way longer.  Use -ADPropertiesOnly or issue the command on the local server.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Marked as answer by Mr. Bugfinder Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:28 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:53 PM

All replies

• I believe it's because of all the RPC work the cmdlet ends up having to do in IIS.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:38 PM
  • Hi Soheil,

As far as I know, it is a normal behavior, because:

>Local RPC call will check configure directly.

>However, remote RPC call need send command from remote computer to your Exchange server first, then search configuration and send result to this remote computer, it will consume some time on the network.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:47 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

what you mean with it will consume some time on the nework? One, two or three min.? I have to way up to five min. for an answer by trying to get webservices virtualdirectories.

Regards,

Soheil

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 1:36 PM
  • I've waited even longer.  Way longer.  Use -ADPropertiesOnly or issue the command on the local server.

• Marked as answer by Mr. Bugfinder Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:28 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:53 PM