stack - winsock RRS feed

• Question

• Is stack realized in winsock ? Where can i find explain ?
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,

please give more information about your question. Do you mean the stack memory? It can be defined in the project settings. All functions will use the stack memory. As far as I know there is no special implementation for a stack memory management in Winsock.

If you need further explanation for memory, read this for example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/79923/what-and-where-are-the-stack-and-heap

Regards, Guido

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please provide more detail for us about your question?

What do you mean about stack relaized in winsock? protocol stack?

If you mean protocol stack. Winsock follows the Windows Open System Architecture (WOSA) model; it defines a standard service provider interface (SPI) between the application programming interface (API), with its exported functions and the protocol stacks. More detail.

Best Wishes,

Jack Zhang

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:37 AM
  • i'm interested TCP/IP . Stack client , server exchange information .
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:55 PM
  • give me any code example .
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:57 PM
  • Hi, 

Winsock Client Code:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/winsock/complete-client-code

Winsock Server Code:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/winsock/complete-server-code

This link describe the remaining steps for creating a Winsock client application, to create a streaming TCP/IP client.

This link describe the remaining steps for creating a Winsock server application, to create a streaming TCP/IP server.

Hope it can help you.

Best Wishes,

Jack Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Friday, September 28, 2018 5:49 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2018 3:48 AM
  • In the case of the creation of connections , we use IP addresses : client , server ?
    Monday, October 1, 2018 5:21 PM
  • Winsock is just Windows' implementation of the standard Unix socket model.  There are many, many, many web sites that talk about general socket programming and TCP/IP programming.

Yes, to establish a connection to a TCP server, you have to know its IP address and its port number.  You can get the IP address from a domain name using DNS, and there are socket calls to help with that as well.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:29 AM
  • In what kind of method can i adressed information from computer ip x.x.x.x to computer ip x.x.x.x by winsock ?

Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:18 PM
  • Have you done any web searching at all?  As I said, there are many thousands of web sites that show how to implement simple TCP socket connections.  One side must be a "server", and the other side makes a connection to it as a "client".

What are you really trying to?  What's the overall objective?

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:38 PM