none
SQL Adapter Invoking a Stored Procedure -vs- Function RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to call a scalar function defined in a SQL Server database from Biztalk 2010.  I have followed the instructions located on MSDN entitled "Invoking Scalar Functions in SQL Server by Using the WCF Service Model" for Biztalk 2010. 

In my orchestration, when making the function call, I receive the following error:

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "<send port name>" with URL "<url>". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="Could not find stored procedure '<parm 1 of function>'."

Biztalk is attempting to call a stored procedure named as the first parameter to my scalar function.  I have tried this on two functions and the same thing happens in both cases. I have reviewed the post entitled "Invoking a SQL server Function versus Stored Procedure?"  This seems like the same issue, however I don't understand what the developer did to fix the issue. Can someone elaborate on the solution?                             

Thanks

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 4:09 PM

All replies

• Pay attention to the following note in the article "Invoking Scalar Functions in SQL Server by Using BizTalk Server":

Note Generating the schema using the Consume Adapter Service BizTalk Project Add-in also creates a binding file that contains information about the ports and the actions to be set for those ports. You can import this binding file from the BizTalk Server Administration console to create send ports (for outbound calls) or receive ports (for inbound calls). For more information, see Configuring a Physical Port Binding Using a Port Binding File.

So the solution mentioned in this thread say that importing this binding file fixed the problem.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    Friday, January 6, 2012 11:49 AM