none
Deploying an SSAS Tabular model that uses Power Query

Question

• Hi all,

I have a SSAS Tabular Model (SQL Server 2017), into which I'm loading a few tables from an Oracle database. One of these tables has a column that should be a primary key (on which I want to base a relationship), but contains some duplicates. I'm filtering out these duplicates using Power Query, and am able to create the relationship I want.

However.. when I try and deploy the model, I am getting an error saying that the table contains a duplicate value. When I filter the table by this value, only one value is returned (as expected).

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Monday, June 11, 2018 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hi AndyT1980,

Thanks for your question.

>>>>However.. when I try and deploy the model, I am getting an error saying that the table contains a duplicate value. When I filter the table by this value, only one value is returned (as expected).
    This might happen when you Power Query did not remove all the duplicated values when refreshing. Please try to follow the steps in below similar thread to remove the duplicate values using Power Query:
    Remove duplicates based on values

The other thing I can think of is that the table might have blank values. Please try to remove the blank values first, then you can try and deploy the model again.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by alexander fun Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:43 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:58 AM