none
Not able to deploy windows kernel driver on target machine from visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• I have created windows kernel driver, and signed it with production certificate. Now I could install this driver on my target machine manually(copying inf, cat and sys). 

I want to make use of the visual studio 2013's deployment facility to deploy the driver automatically. But when I try to add the target computer(with administrative account) it failed with error message "The account credentials used to connect to the target computer could not gain administrator access to the target computer. Try using the built-in Administrator account".

what possibly could be wrong?

Monday, April 13, 2015 6:39 AM

All replies

• Pavel The host machine is on a domain(say ABC) and I am logged In as the domain administrator. On The target machine I am logged in as the local administrator. Now while adding the target computer from visual studio I am asked for the administrator account credentials and I am providing the local administrator credentials there.

Pavel I found it is necessary to install "WDK Test Target Setup x64-x64_en-us.msi" on the target machine which I had not run. Once installing that I passed through the previously mentioned steps and after performing few installations target machine got rebooted. And then the deployment process hanged on step a "Attempting to connect...". Tried this for multiple times but result in to the same problem.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:54 AM