none
MS Access and Duplicate Records. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks, I have a problem and pls help!

Summary #             Summary Line #       

DF40309090               4

Where I only need one of these rows and unfortunately, there is no DATE I can use or any other way to create a unique row.

SO, I used the Query Wizard and Create the Duplicate Query Listing. but now, I'll to Join this Duplicate Query with the Main

Query in a way that I can eliminate the DUPS. There are 6300 records and 127 of them are DUPS. 

Any ideas how I can do this in MS ACCESS since I'm not sure how MS EXCEL DUPS is handling the Remove of DUPS?

Thank you in advance for your time. Please feel free to call if it make it easier. 

Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:29 PM

All replies

• The list you show - is that a table or the result of a query?

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:48 PM
  • It's a result of a Query but I can send it to a table as well using MS ACCESS.
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:47 PM
  • Open the query in design view.

Click in an empty part of the upper pane of the query design window.

If necessary, activate the Property Sheet (press F4 if you don't see it).

Set the Unique Values property to Yes.

The query should now display without duplicates.

If you wish, you can change the query to a make-table query so that you can create a new table without the duplicate records.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:26 PM
  • Ok, I'll try that and get back to you. The issue seems to be even deeper. Since some of the people's ID number

has "-" and some doesn't, the join between couple of related Queries are creating these duplicates.

Thank you and I'll return.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:59 PM
  • what you describe is basic and normal query returns;    if the parent table is joined to the child table......and a parent has 4 children records..... then the parent name is going to have 4 records in the resulting query......

if the children names are not part of the query result then you can use Han's method to make the query DISTINCT.....

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:15 PM