How to create a mobile ASP.Net web page RRS feed

• Question

• User-2060727494 posted

Hi all,

I am an experienced ASP.Net / VB.Net / SQL developer.  But I have never messed with PDAs and mobile devices.  I have a regular ASP.Net web page that I want my customers with Palm PDAs to be able to use also.  But my Gridview control is not positioning properly on the PDA screen.  I posted this in another thread but got no replies on how to fix this problem.  So I assume I have to take a different approach.  

Here is what my web page will do:

1. A list of names and a series of textboxes next to each name.  Something like:

Joe Blow  textbox1 textbox2 textbox3

John Doe textbox1 textbox2 textbox3

Jane Doe textbox1 textbox2 textbox3

This info is stored in my SQL database.  Presently, I have a stored procedure that fills my gridview.

2. The user can enter / change info in each textbox.  I have a Save button that will update my SQL table.

3. I would also like make the name a link button and when the user clicks a name, then this row will highlight.  Presently, I make the background color a light yellow.

4. I would also like to have a Next button and a Previous button.  If the user clicks Next, then the next row is selected and highlighted.  The Previous button would select the previous row.

So I have a few questions:

1. In a mobile page, what control would I use instead of the gridview?   

2. Given the above scenario that I described, can anyone provide me samples or point me in the right direction? 

3. What about other PDAs?  Is there a way to make a mobile web page work for different PDAs?

Thanks in advance! 

Bob

Thursday, August 9, 2007 9:54 AM

Answers