Is there no data tools for VS 2015?

Regards

Andy

CRM 4, SQL Server and .Net developer using C#

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 9:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Did you get the "Data tools" in old VS version? Could you share me a screen shot about it?

Is it the SQL Server Data tool or others?

As far as I know, the VS2015 still includes the SSDT, you could get that option when you setup it under the VS setup wizard using the custom option.

Or it is related to the Data Tools Operations Window:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh500336(v=vs.103).aspx

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 11, 2015 7:04 AM
  • Hi

While I appreciate you taking the time to answer, I really could do without being told that your answer is the answer I am looking for.

If I think you have the answer I will mark it as an answer.

I looked at my install of VS2015 and couldn't find the menu item, i am still looking at options.

While I understand that you guys get some benefits from Microsoft, based on points, but trying to back me into a corner makes me very angry, please don't do that!!!

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:11 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for your friendly response.

Could you tell the real VS2015 Environment in your side? What is your VS2015 version?

Like my previous reply, actually I test this issue in my VS2015 community and VS2015 Enterprist versions in windows 8.1 and windows 10 and window 7, they all have that option under View menu.

(1) Please reset your VS settings, check the result.

TOOLS->Import and Export Settings Wizard->Reset all settings->select “No, just reset settings, overwriting my current settings”->Choose a Default Collection of settings.

(2)Like the following screen shot, please repair your VS, and modify the setup option in your setup wizard, please enable the SSDT option, and repair it again, please make sure that you didn't get any setup error messages.

Like this document here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh500336%28v=vs.103%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

We know that Data Tools Operations Window would be related to the SQL Server Data Tools package.

(3) Please also install the latest VS2015 update 1.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 7:13 AM
  • Hi Andy,

What about this issue?

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Thanks,

Jack

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:41 AM
  • Hi Jack

I have reinstalled VS 2015 with the data tools option in the install, and I have also looked at the Data Tools operations window mentioned in an earlier reply.

The Data Tools operations just opens a new window headed up Data Tools operations, but doesn't expose any other functionality, installing with the Data Tools option doesn't get me any of the Data Tools templates, as in there is no option for SSIS or SSRS projects

So trying all the options that have been suggested aren't really any help.

Is there anyone out there who is using VS 2015 for BI Development, instead of just moderators looking for quick points?

Regards

Andy

Saturday, February 06, 2016 11:05 PM
  • HI

Its available now

• Marked as answer by MayBoy Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:31 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:31 PM