none
Help with error message on cancelled workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list with three Designer-created workflows. These workflows are sporadically being cancelled and I can't determine why.  I am able to capture the cancelled information in the workflow history detail, but I don't know what it means.  There is something about permissions in here, but that doesn't make sense to me that it work one day and not the next.  This is an example error:

RequestorId: 071e4a76-c5ac-4b64-3290-72cbfcfc2270. Details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 401 {"error":{"code":"-2147024891, System.UnauthorizedAccessException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource."}}} {"Transfer-Encoding":["chunked"],"SPRequestGuid":["ad78d6c1-fc7f-40d6-a369-8602773e7b6b"],"request-id":["ad78d6c1-fc7f-40d6-a369-8602773e7b6b"],"X-FRAME-OPTIONS":["SAMEORIGIN"],"Cache-Control":["max-age=0, private"],"Server":["Microsoft-IIS\/8.5"],"WWW-Authenticate":["NTLM","Basic realm=\"portal.sbctc.edu\""],"X-AspNet-Version":["4.0.30319"],"X-Powered-By":["ASP.NET"],"MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":["15.0.0.4569"],"X-Content-Type-Options":["nosniff"],"X-MS-InvokeApp":["1; RequireReadOnly"],"Date":["Wed, 25 Jan 2017 19:22:50 GMT"]}   at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)   at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)   at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Friday, January 27, 2017 5:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is there any email sending to Distributed List email , if yes ,you need to some exchange level settings for that DL email, probably you need to un check the authenticated.

Secondly, you can create the new service account and use that to publish the workflow with impersonate step wherever you update the item or query the list item from the other list. 

Let me know, how its progress , so we could learn together on this issue.

Murugesa Pandian | MCPD | MCTS | SharePoint 2010 |

Saturday, January 28, 2017 6:58 AM

All replies

• By any chance are you running this workflow as system account? If you run your workflow as System account then you may get this error.

If that is not the case then verify your workflow step by step and see what actions you are performing in your workflow. Since the error you are getting is 401-Access denied..

Also try activating workflow can use app permissions feature and see if it makes any difference.

Also check the following thread and see if it helps.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e2dd1d1e-d7d9-41b5-b9f2-e73138553994/problem-while-starting-on-a-workflow

Amit

Friday, January 27, 2017 6:07 PM
  • Yes it is running under the System Account.   It is the sporadic nature of the issue that has be confused.  It may fail, then when editing the list item again (to retry the workflow), it may go just fine.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Friday, January 27, 2017 6:11 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any email sending to Distributed List email , if yes ,you need to some exchange level settings for that DL email, probably you need to un check the authenticated.

Secondly, you can create the new service account and use that to publish the workflow with impersonate step wherever you update the item or query the list item from the other list. 

Let me know, how its progress , so we could learn together on this issue.

Murugesa Pandian | MCPD | MCTS | SharePoint 2010 |

Saturday, January 28, 2017 6:58 AM