none
WCF-SQL Adapter error: Unparsed Interchange RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a very tough time with a VERY simple test to even get an XML file to generate via the WCF-SQL Adapter. (Using VS2010, BT2010)

I am getting an "Unparsed Interchange" error and I cannot figure out why. Right now i have no maps, no orchestration, just a WCF receive port that is using TypedPolling and a send port with a filter on it. In the tracked messages I can see the XML of the message body so I know that the receive adapter is pulling from the database.

Also,  I am getting this error in the event log:

The adapter "WCF-Custom" raised an error message. Details "System.Exception: The receive pipeline:"Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLReceive, Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=12345678d364e35" is trying to suspend a message received on Receive Location:"mssql://MyServer//BizTalkTest?InboundId=TestBiz". The Adapter/Receive Location however is configured to never suspend messages on failure. Please change either the receive location or receive adapter's configuration or the pipeline's configuration. 
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkAsyncResult.End()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkServiceInstance.EndOperation(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkServiceInstance.Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.IOneWayAsync.EndOneWayMethod(IAsyncResult result)
       at AsyncInvokeEndEndOneWayMethod(Object , Object[] , IAsyncResult )
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.AsyncMethodInvoker.InvokeEnd(Object instance, Object[]& outputs, IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeEnd(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage7(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)".

I have done this many times with the Oracle Adapter with no issues. Any help is appreciated.

Sunday, March 4, 2012 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hi

I would do following:

• review my SP in SQL , Seems like some incorrect data or namespace issue which is not getting promoted correctly at receive side:
    • Check the Error handler property of the adapter by reviewing  WCF-SQL Adapter -> Configure -> Messages -> Error handling -> settings
    • delete the application make sure everything is removed fron GAC.
    • reinstall the application, put everything is in GAC
    • restart the BizTalk host

Also there are few below articles which might help you further, Please refer them:

Configuring a Port Using the WCF-SQL Adapter

How to poll database using WCF-SQL adapter 

MSDN Thread - Unparsed Interchange - where to go from here? 

I hope it helps!

HTH,Naushad (MCC/MCTS) http://alamnaushad.wordpress.com,My New Technet Wiki Article “BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly! Please "Vote As Helpful" if this was useful while resolving your question!

• Proposed as answer by Paul Endras Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:06 PM
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 5:33 PM
  • I was able to get that going by redeploying. But there seems to be some issue with refreshing this test app.

I had a simple passthru going to make sure that I was pulling data from the database then I added a simple map on the send ports to another simple schema.

well the map is not picking up and I am still getting the raw TypedPolling xml from the WCF-SQL Adapter and  this adapter is pulling data way too fast. I start it and by the time I immediatly stop it I have thousands of files. that should not happen. I have the polling interval set to 3000.

Any ideas on what could be happening?

• Edited by MSDEVTECH Monday, March 5, 2012 4:51 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 1:30 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding polling interval, I would suggest you to refer this wiki article, Typed Polling with WCF-SQL Adapter: Best Practices and Troubleshooting Tips , It might give you some more information while resolving your issue.

HTH

Naushad

Monday, March 5, 2012 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding polling interval, I would suggest you to refer this wiki article, Typed Polling with WCF-SQL Adapter: Best Practices and Troubleshooting Tips , It might give you some more information while resolving your issue.

HTH

Naushad

If you look at the bottom of that article there is a comment that there is a bug with the polling interval for BT2010 (which I am using). Has this bug been resolved because it is certainly not using the polling interval in the config screen. It is polling (ie: spitting out hundreds of files) a second. Here is the quote in that blog:

Steef-Jan Wiggers 
    Is this article also applicable for BizTalk 2010? Is polling interval issue resolved in 2010? Overall good article.

• Edited by MSDEVTECH Monday, March 5, 2012 3:00 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 2:59 PM
  • Right, Good point!.

I think someone from MS can comment on this!

HTH

Naushad

Monday, March 5, 2012 3:18 PM
  • This is absolutely a bug. I downloaded the TypedPolling example for the WCF-SQL adapter and it did the EXACT same thing. It just started generating thousands and thousands of files no matter what I put in the polling interval config (I tried up to 30000 seconds).
    Monday, March 5, 2012 3:21 PM
  • Hi

I think you should raise it with MS support. I am sure they will comeback with some solution for this.

HTH

Naushad

Monday, March 5, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Hi,

Does it generate duplicate files? What sample have you tried, was it this?

Cheers,

Steef-Jan Wiggers

MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010

http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/ | @SteefJan

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk

Monday, March 5, 2012 5:42 PM
  • Hi,

Cheers,

Steef-Jan Wiggers

BizTalk

Yes. That is the example. My entire issue is with the polling interval. It polls just fine, I haven't seen any dups. I have used the WCF Oracle adapter with zero issues. I don't understand why i am having issues with this adapter. As I understand how the adapter should work it runs the polledDataAvailableStatement every 3 seconds if the pollingIntervalInSeconds is set to 3 and if it brings back rows it runs the pollingStatement. Well my adapter is just cranking out files, dozens every second, like there is no polling interval at all!
    Monday, March 5, 2012 5:52 PM
  • Hi,

Cheers,

Steef-Jan Wiggers

BizTalk

YES!

I think I am getting dups. 

I created a new test project pulling ONE record from one table with the following SQL:

SELECT TOP 1 [Name]
          ,[Position]
          ,[Salary]
      FROM [MyDB].[dbo].[emp];

DELETE FROM  [MyDB].[dbo].[emp];

It runs through a single cycle and generates 66 files. what could be causing this?

Monday, March 5, 2012 6:30 PM