Where can I find the app.css file? RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed a SharePoint-hosted app to SharePoint online. It contains a few style rules in the app.css files and these rules are applied fine. Now I want to add a few rules to further style my app, but I have no idea where my app.css file is located. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Saturday, June 6, 2015 5:39 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes as i said you can find your app  on the url : ur App url/Content/App.css

Like for Eg : 

https://abc-c3ad47538809a9.sharepoint.com/sites/abc/ABCApp/Content/App.css

But you cannot edit or add new CSS to this file  , if you want to do so then you need to make css in the existing file in the Visual Studio and re-deploy your app.

And if you really want to do so then push your css files onto hostweb and can make changes acordingly in future

Blog : Provisioning File on Host Web

Let me know if you have any queries :)

"The Only Way To Get Smarter Is By Playing A Smarter Opponent"

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From your description, my understanding is that you want to get and change the app.css file in your SharePoint-Hosted App.

You could enter the Default.aspx file in your SharePoint-Hosted App, and find the location of the App.css file. Please refer to the screenshot below:

If you use Napa App, please refer to this screenshot below:

Best Regards,

Vincent Han

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2015 9:49 AM
  • Hello,

App.css file is located under your project --> Content --> App.css.

And in browser you can view your " appweburl\Content"

Let me know if you have any queries on this :)

Monday, June 8, 2015 12:37 PM
  • I'm sorry, I was probably a bit unclear in my question. 

I have already put in a few style rules in my css-file in Visual Studio and when the app is deployed, these rules are applied when the app is rendered and everything looks great.

My question is: how can I add more style rules to my css when the app is deployed? I can't find the css file when the app is deployed to Office 365.

Monday, June 8, 2015 1:45 PM
  • Hello,

Yes as i said you can find your app  on the url : ur App url/Content/App.css

Like for Eg : 

https://abc-c3ad47538809a9.sharepoint.com/sites/abc/ABCApp/Content/App.css

But you cannot edit or add new CSS to this file  , if you want to do so then you need to make css in the existing file in the Visual Studio and re-deploy your app.

And if you really want to do so then push your css files onto hostweb and can make changes acordingly in future

Blog : Provisioning File on Host Web

Let me know if you have any queries :)

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:08 AM
  • Ok, got it now. I can see the style rules in the App.css using the ...Content/App.css trick, but not change. I suspected that, but needed to get it confirmed. Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2015 7:34 AM