Required fields in form only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an access web app, in which I have a form where I want to set required fields to be completed WITHOUT them being mandatory on the table.

is there a way of doing this?

Thursday, July 21, 2016 3:23 PM

Answers

• Hi VinnyClegg,

in Access Web App, first you can select the form and try to create "on current" event of it.

as you can see in the picture it will execute when focus moves from one control to another.

from there you can select macro to run.

you can create macro and show a messagebox to display the message.

so when focus move it will check the value in textbox and if it is empty then it will display message.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 22, 2016 3:18 AM

All replies

• I have an access web app, in which I have a form where I want to set required fields to be completed WITHOUT them being mandatory on the table.

is there a way of doing this?

Hi Vinny,

In the BeforeUpdate event of the control on the form you can check the value.

If this value is not appropriate (e.g. empty) you can set the Cancel argument to True, generate a message, and exit the event.

Imb.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 3:49 PM
  • Hi VinnyClegg,

in Access Web App, first you can select the form and try to create "on current" event of it.

as you can see in the picture it will execute when focus moves from one control to another.

from there you can select macro to run.

you can create macro and show a messagebox to display the message.

so when focus move it will check the value in textbox and if it is empty then it will display message.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 22, 2016 3:18 AM