none
iOS App Rejected for using AMS OAuth implementation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am building a cordova/phonegap based app and using Azure Mobile Services for the backed. I used the built in OAuth through Facebook, Google, and Twitter. I submitted to the app store and the app was rejected, citing "17.2: Apps that require users to share personal information, such as email address and date of birth, in order to function will be rejected".

I was surprised by this because part of OAuth is abstracting it for the user so that they don't have to give me any info, they just login through an already trusted provider. They actually suggested a custom authentication mechanism, which surprised me more because that would actually require me getting user info, unlike OAuth. 

I appealed explaining that OAuth is very common, they are able to share to their social profiles, etc. They upheld the rejection saying rule 17.2 again and that "the Guidelines require that the app have functionality related to the social network. Sharing to the user's page is not considered sufficient functionality. " 

I wanted to ask if anyone has successfully submitted an app using AWS OAuth before? This seems pretty bizarre but maybe I am misunderstanding. I also just wanted to give future devs a heads up because this caught me by surprise. This is the built- in service and it's being denied. 

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 2:24 AM