none
Menu Alignment problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have a desk top application that I have developed using VS2003 which I think uses .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1. Now, when I installed the application on my new machine which has Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4, all menus and menu items became left aligned - when they should be RIGHT aligned.
    I ran the same application on Windows Vista and there was no problem. I should mention that I'm not using any thirdparty controls in the Application.

Any idea how to rectify this problem?

Thanks.

Eltaher.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 7:56 PM

Answers

• Hello,

As .net framework 2.0 and later works in different way with .net framework 1.0 or 1.1. I suggest you install .net framework 1.0 and 1.1 on the machine to see if it helps.

In addition, you could post your issue on the Application Compatibility for Windows Development Forum so you can get better and quicker response as this forum here is for the setup of .net framework.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, February 15, 2010 5:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hello,

As .net framework 2.0 and later works in different way with .net framework 1.0 or 1.1. I suggest you install .net framework 1.0 and 1.1 on the machine to see if it helps.

In addition, you could post your issue on the Application Compatibility for Windows Development Forum so you can get better and quicker response as this forum here is for the setup of .net framework.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, February 15, 2010 5:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:18 AM
  • Hi Edwer,

Thanks for your reply. I'll install .NET Framework 1.1 and see if that will help. I've also posted the question on the forum you have suggested.

Thanks again.

El-Shanta.
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:15 PM