[MS-NSPI] lpdwEphs not understood RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

MS-NSPI version 4.0 Section 4 "Protocol Examples" contains this text:

5. Messaging clients call NspiQueryRows to retrieve various properties of address book objects.
    The following example illustrates the client requesting the server a total of two rows containing
    specific properties PidTagEntryId, PidTagDisplayName, PidTagSmtpAddress, and
    PidTagTitle. Also, the client is requesting the server to use the pStat structure for table
    information by setting lpdwEphs NULL and setting relevant values in the pStat structure. It
    typically looks like this.

(followed by a structure dump).

I'd like more information on lpdwEphs - I only see it described in this text. Should that be "lpETable" instead? Or is something else intended?

Brad

Monday, January 17, 2011 3:02 AM

Answers

• Hi, Brad,

I completed our investigation of this issue.  The sample should use 'dwETableCount' and 'lpETable', which are described in [MS-NSPI] 3.1.4.8.  The change to the document will be realized in a future refresh of the specification.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
    Friday, January 21, 2011 9:37 PM

All replies

• Similarly, the following section (return from NspiQueryRows), page 86 contains dwEphsCount and lpEphs that I don't see in the IDL for NspiQueryRows.

Monday, January 17, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Hi Brad,

Thanks for your question.  A colleague will follow up with you soon to investigate.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Monday, January 17, 2011 1:06 PM
  • Hi, Brad,

I completed our investigation of this issue.  The sample should use 'dwETableCount' and 'lpETable', which are described in [MS-NSPI] 3.1.4.8.  The change to the document will be realized in a future refresh of the specification.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
    Friday, January 21, 2011 9:37 PM
  • Bryan,

Thanks for this.

Brad

Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:51 AM