Publish Web application to production server RRS feed

• Question

• Using VS2005 & CR (bundled with VS)

Currently I publish my web application to the production server by creating an msi file using a setup project. I then have to uninstall the application from the production server and re-install from the msi. We are moving to an outside ISP and would like to publish the application by clicking on the "Publish..." option from the context menu of the project. When I do this the CR requisite files are not deployed. I read several posts that mention "The publish tab on the Solution property page". This baffles me because the Solution property page has no tabs it looks as follows for me:

on the left side there is a navigation tree that looks something like this:
    • Common Properties
      • Start Project
      • Project Dependencies
      • Debug Source Files
    • Configuration Properties
      • Configuration

The Project property page has the following tabs only: Application, Build, Build Events, Resources, Settings, Reference Paths, Signing and Web.

I have 2 questions:

1. What am I missing? Where is that Publishing tab?
    2. Is there by chance a way to permenantly install the CR requisite files on the production server, so that I don't have to worry about them whenever I redeploy the web application?

Regards,
    Alex

Saturday, January 10, 2009 4:46 PM

Answers

•  

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the MSDN > Forums Home > Visual Studio > Crystal Reports for Visual Studio located here:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vscrystalreports/threads/.

Have a great day!

Sudarshan shindode Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by sudarshans1 Friday, January 23, 2009 5:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by sudarshans1 Monday, March 23, 2009 10:53 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2009 5:15 AM