none
Will SET_IDLE stop waking up from sleep ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello USB touch device Experts:

I have an WDF USB filter driver for a touch device. I'd like to provide
    option to disable the and also make sure it no longer wake up the system from
    sleep if touch is disabled. I sent the SET_IDLE request to the device but a
    touch can still wake up the system from the sleep state. Also the device is
    keeping reporting touches. Any suggestions/thoughts ?

Thanks in advance.

leo

Saturday, April 9, 2016 12:55 AM

Answers

• wake is controlled by the wait wake irp sent by the power policy owner. you don't get to control this policy as a filter

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, April 9, 2016 5:15 AM
  • "allow the device to wakeup the computer" is controled by WMI, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff566341%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 . you can call into WMI from UM or KM.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, April 10, 2016 6:52 AM

All replies

• wake is controlled by the wait wake irp sent by the power policy owner. you don't get to control this policy as a filter

Saturday, April 9, 2016 5:15 AM
  • I see. Thanks Doron.

But can a user mode app call some API to do it (order the touc device not to wake up from sleep when touched) ?  Or some way to uncheck "Allow the device to wakeup the computer" as shown in Device Manager Power management tab ?

leo

Saturday, April 9, 2016 2:57 PM
  • "allow the device to wakeup the computer" is controled by WMI, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff566341%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 . you can call into WMI from UM or KM.

Sunday, April 10, 2016 6:52 AM