none
[MS-OXMSG] - How do you determine if an attachment is rendered inline when dealing with an HTML body? RRS feed

• Question

• The documentation for the MSG format doesn't seem to indicate when an attachment is supposed to be treated as an inline object inside of an HTML body.  Is there a way to determine if an attachment should be considered an inline object without searching through the HTML body for the attachment's content ID or content location strings?

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:56 PM

Answers

• No, in most cases PR_ATTACH_CONTENTS_ID will be the value of the cid attribute of an img tag, but I have seen attachments with a content id which are not used by the HTML body (I think Lotus Notes does that).

And if the image source in HTML is specified as a file name, Outlook will ber able to match on the value of PT_ATTACH_LONG_FILENAME or PR_ATTACH_CONTENT_LOCATION even if the content id property is not set.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:54 PM

All replies

• No, in most cases PR_ATTACH_CONTENTS_ID will be the value of the cid attribute of an img tag, but I have seen attachments with a content id which are not used by the HTML body (I think Lotus Notes does that).

And if the image source in HTML is specified as a file name, Outlook will ber able to match on the value of PT_ATTACH_LONG_FILENAME or PR_ATTACH_CONTENT_LOCATION even if the content id property is not set.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Hi Steve HW

Thanks for the question. Someone from our team will get in touch with you shortly.

Thanks.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:44 PM
  • Hi Steven,

Was your question answerd by Dmitry?  If so, please indicate by changing the status to "Marked As Answered".

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:45 PM