none
V2 Mapping from Blob to SQL Azure Database, Can you map the current date?

Question

• I have some files that Im importing into an Azure SQL database, In the destination I have an ImportDate. As it loads I would like the current date and time to be imported in here but you cant seem to do it in the mappings. You can only either select a from column and to column. Or you can hide the column from the mapping.

Any help would be really appreciated

Debbie

Debbie

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Debbie,

The built-in column mapping mechanism may not serve your requirement, which does not typically insert/upsert data in a table and involves extra processing. Please invoke a stored procedure in Azure SQL sink to do that. Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Debbie Edwards Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:01 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Debbie,

The built-in column mapping mechanism may not serve your requirement, which does not typically insert/upsert data in a table and involves extra processing. Please invoke a stored procedure in Azure SQL sink to do that. Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Debbie Edwards Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:01 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:41 PM
  • I set up the Import date in the table - Default value or Binding (getdate())

This works. However I have found another issue with data factory where the data wont import if there is an extra column in the destination. I'm going to do a bit of research and probably add a new post.

Thanks for your help

Debbie

Debbie

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:56 PM