Visual Studio becomes the topmost window RRS feed

• Question

• A user of my Visual Studio extension has reported the following problem.

After opening the tool-window belonging to my extension, Visual Studio becomes the topmost window, and remains so until Visual Studio is closed.

I have never seen this behavior and my Visual Studio extension certainly does not do this by design.

I have searched for information on this problem, and there are several reports of similar behavior. In some cases, it has been suggested that it might be related to a Visual Studio extension.

My question is this.

What could a visual studio extension possibly do, to cause the Visual Studio application to become the topmost window.

Thanks in advance
    Phil

Thursday, November 17, 2016 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Phil Jollans,

According to your description, I'm not sure what could cause the issue. please check if your code use Window.Topmost Property. For more information, please refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.window.topmost(v=vs.110).aspx

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 7:16 AM