none
How do I add/subscribe to the ADO.Net Entity Linq To Entities forum? RRS feed

• Question

• This new forum structure has me a little confused.  I don't know how to add the ADO.Net  Entities Linq to Enties forum.  I happened to already be added to this forum before they changed everything.  Could someone advise me to to add the ADO.Net Entites Linq To Entities forum?

Thanks

Rich P

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 10:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• OK.  It looks like I'm here -- by magic :).  So here is my issue.  I am experimenting with the Entity framework (VS2008).  I add a new ADO.Net Entity Data Model.  I select 2 tables (of say 10) -- Customer and Product.  There is no real relationshiop.  I want to relate/constrain these 2 tables with CustomerID join ProductID.  There are about 6 ProductIDs that match 6 CustomerID's.  I want to see 6 Customer records when I run through the dataset.   I'm just fumbling around somewhat blindly right now, so I add what I think is an Association but get an error message that the Association CustomerProduct is not mapped.  How do I map it?

Or -- how can I add/relate the 2 tables so that I retrieve the 6 records where CustomerID = ProductID?

Thanks

Rich P

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 10:22 PM
  • >CustomerID join ProductID

This does not make sense. 

if you want to add relationships in the model, check Relationships and Navigation Properties, but better to add foreign keys and indexes in the database so your query will be faster.

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:01 PM
  • >CustomerID join ProductID

This does not make sense. 

if you want to add relationships in the model, check Relationships and Navigation Properties, but better to add foreign keys and indexes in the database so your query will be faster.

Thank you for your reply and for the link. 

Rich P

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 3:58 PM