none
Clarification on Number of USB Devices for Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I've been testing our USB device on HCK (now with the version that supports Windows 8.1). Our device passed all of the tests for Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit) and Windows Server 2008 R2, but when it comes to Windows 8.1 (32-bit) we've got a couple of failed tests.

I've been digging in the HCK Help File and came across some requirements for the test computer configuration:

2. Attach one of the USB devices to the test computer through an xHCI controller
    (it can either be attached directly to the root hub port or through a SuperSpeed hub.) 3. Attach the other USB device to the EHCI port or to a high speed hub that is connected
    to the XHCI port. Note If the USB device supports a USB serial number, attach an additional USB 3.0–compliant
    device to the test computer before you run the USB Serial Number test. For more information
    about this test, see USB Serial Number.

Source: HCK Help File (USB Device.Connectivity Testing Prerequisites)

Does that mean that I need to plug 2 devices for our testing in Windows 8.1?
    And, do we need to use a hub or adapter of some sort, aside from the built-in
    USB 2.0 and 2.0 hubs in our PC?

Regards,
    Michael

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:47 AM