none
Giving Mailbox Permissions With Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using PowerShell to give users in Office 365 access to another mailbox.

The mailbox is a user email address I have set up to have additional aliases, and other users are meant to be able to connect to this users inbox and be able to see and be able to send as this alias.

For example the Mailbox's name is "Unnamed Business Enquiries"
    The email address being admin@unnamedbusiness.com.au
    We have 3 aliases attatched to this address also. For this they can be:

-Alpha@unnamedbusiness.com.au
    -Beta@unnamedbusiness.com.au
    -Charlie@unnamedbusiness.com.au

Just before I used the following comandlet to give the user full access to admin@unnammedbusiness.com.au:

Add-MailboxPermission "Unnamed Business Enquiries" -User "John Smith" -AccessRights FullAccess

Then I used another comandlet that will allow the user ot send as the mailbox,  (This means the user can respond to emails coming into this inbox while appearing as "Unnamed business enquiries")

Add-RecipientPermission "Unnamed Business Enquiries" -AccessRights SendAs -Trustee john.smith@anotherbusiness.com.au

What i would like to know is, though the comandlet i used only mentioned the email address and didn't mention any of the aliases.

By making the code only contain mention of the email address and not any of the aliases:
    Will john smith also gain access to Alpha@unnamedbusiness.com.au inbox and beta and charlie inboxes as well?
    will John only have access to Admin@unnamedbusiness.com.au?
    Will I need to do three more comandlets to give John access to the Aliases' inboxes?

If you could get back to me on this that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:42 AM

Answers