none
dadzdadzagain RRS feed

• Question

• I had to do a partial restore on my xp. In repairing / rebuilding the net framework many program installs/updates were  pointing to error  (sl4.tmp - .net framework initialization error)  Please set registry key [HKLM\Softwere|Microsoft|.NETFramework\InstallRoot] to point to the .Net Framework install location  -  after running Microsoft Baseline security analizer 2.2found that (Wuredist.cab) is damaged or invalid catalog? also/or MUCatalogWebControl Class Damaged. Any help would be appreacated. Thank you in advance, dennis zombek

I can get into the registry but I can't locate the( HKLM----Root install) to point it to the Net framework location, and don't know how to actually point one to the other.        Tks again (dadzdadz@aol.com)

Friday, October 25, 2013 8:41 PM

All replies

• Let's start by determining which .NET Framework versions are installed on your system and checking for any corruption.

To do that, please use this tool:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Run the tool once for each .NET Framework version. After the first run, post the first 15 lines AND the LAST 15 lines of the tool log here. After the second and subsequent runs, post ONLY the last 15 lines of the tool log.

BTW, your Windows XP is patched through SP3 and subsequent updates, correct?

Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:12 PM