none
Project Server 2016 PSI Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am trying to execute PSI for project server 2016 , but i am getting error 'Unhanded Communication Fault Occurred '.

Below is the simple code i am trying to execute:

//Initial a instance of the SOAPClient
    ProjectSVC.Project projectSVC = new ProjectSVC.Project();

projectSVC.Url = "http://xyzweb/pwa/_vti_bin/psi/project.asmx";
    projectSVC.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

Guid project_Guid = new Guid("3702a591-c9ab-e611-80e7-000d3a259c3f");

ProjectSVC.ProjectDataSet CurrentProject = projectSVC.ReadProject(project_Guid, ProjectSVC.DataStoreEnum.WorkingStore);

Also i tried to use ProjectServerServices.dll , which is also not working and getting same error.

Few things i have noticed :

1. Unlike SharePoint 2013, PSI folder does not contain Web Services in SharePoint 2016.

2. Also,Project Server folder is missing from below path 

\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\16.0\WebServices\Shared

I am trying to migrate Project Server Event Handler from Project Server 2013 to Project 2016,and code is not working.

Please suggest.

Sandeep Nandey

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 11:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    The reason behind is that since over one and a half year now the ProjectSvc is removed from PSI in Project Online and since release in Project Server 2016 on premise. You have to use the new API CSOM for all project related updates.

Regards

Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:15 AM
  • And CSOM for Project Server is Pathetic. I suggest try with the WSDL class file which you can generate from 2013 and then import the same to your Event handler solution and Work instead of using Web Services reference.

PS: I have not tried it yet.  Do let us know if it works.

Thanks, Parth

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:21 AM
  • Hi Parth,

I tried to use ProjectServerServices.dll  generated from 2013 SDK and which is also not working and i still facing same error.

Let me know if their is some other workaround. 

Sandeep Nandey

Monday, November 28, 2016 6:50 AM
  • Hi! Did you manage to make it work?
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:19 AM
  • I Have this a the top of my program.

Add-Type -Path 'C:\dll\microsoft.sharepointonline.csom.16.1.6906.1200\lib\net40-full\Microsoft.ProjectServer.Client.dll'
    Add-Type -Path 'C:\dll\microsoft.sharepointonline.csom.16.1.6906.1200\lib\net40-full\Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.dll' 

$projContext = New-Object Microsoft.ProjectServer.Client.ProjectContext($PWAInstanceURL) 

[Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.SharePointOnlineCredentials]$spocreds = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.SharePointOnlineCredentials($PWAUserName, $securePass);  

$projContext.Credentials = $spocreds 

$projects = $projContext.Projects

$projContext.Load($projects)
    $projContext.ExecuteQuery()

• Proposed as answer by TheHort Wednesday, September 5, 2018 9:52 PM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 6:32 PM